Chairman of Society - Islam MUSTAFAEV , Dr Sc(Chemistry), Professor, graduated faculty of physics in Baku State University (1973). He has received Scientific degree Candidate of Chemical sciences from Institute of chemical physics in Moscow (1978) and Dr Sc (Chemistry)- from Leningrad Technological Institute (1991). Author more than 40 Projects, 200 scientific publications, 3 patents, 14 inventions and 7 books on various aspect of Environmental Protection.
I. Mustafaev is IREX-alumni (CI-1998) and implemented following Projects on ECA Alumni Small Grant Programs:
1. Creation of Azerbaijan branch of international movement «For clean Caspian». (IREX-1999)
2. «Along the Caspian» Project. (IREX -2000)
3. «Environmental movement in Аzerbaijan» Creation of Web-page. (IATP-2000)
4. Independent environmental monitoring of oil pipe-lines Baku-Supsa. (IREX -2001)
5. Conference “Problems of Sustainable development of Caspian countries”.(ACCELS-2001)
He is active member of International Academy of Noosphere since 2000.
He is also author following individual Projects:
1. Forecasting of atmosphere pollution at the exploitation of oil field in the Caspian sea. (MacArtur Foundation-1999)
2. The internationalization of Environmental Protection problems in the exploitation of offshore oil fields of the Caspian sea.( Research Scheme Support -1999)